Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Sigh of Relief

So, I had scheduled my mammogram several weeks before my mom told me that she was going to have surgery on Jan. 5th. My appointment was on the 9th, just five days after her surgery. This would not have been anything to consider ironic except that I was dealing with a health issue myself that could have been a possible "bad news" situation dealing with breast cancer for me as well. After my visit with my doctor it appears to be nothing to be concerned about at this time and I thank God that He has kept me in His peace with this situation.
We have a great tendency to think that the potholes on the road of life is going to be in someone else's lane, but we don't have that guarantee. If you have anyone in your life that you know you need to mend a relationship with, as that famous line goes... "Just Do It!" Don't harbor and feed those hard feelings just to live with regret later and realize that it was not worth it and you missed out on so much joy and peace because you wouldn't let go. One of my husband's favorite lines is "Just suck it up and do it" (one of those military lessons :) Is it easy to swallow your pride and do what you know in your heart is right? Absolutely not! Speaking from personal experience though, when you take that first step out to do it and get it done, in LOVE even if it doesn't turn out the way you expect, it is such a sweet relief. When that burden is lifted off of you because you did the right thing you will be amazed at how much better you will feel.
So, go out and mend those fences! Regardless of how the other person responds, you've done the right thing, so celebrate the freedom of that with your favorite dessert! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment