Thursday, February 5, 2009

Old Friends and Estate Sales

Now please don't misunderstand me when I use the term old. I do not mean as in "I need my walker please" old. I mean as in we've known each other for many years and even though we don't live close to each other anymore we are still good friends.

This past weekend I went to visit some "old" friends from when we were stationed in Millington, TN (30 minutes from Memphis) while my husband has been on a solo trip recapturing his glory days in the Navy. I stayed at the home of one of them and we had a great girls weekend even with her husband around! :) I have to give him credit though, Saturday night we had 8, yes eight females there having a hen party and he just kept on watching t.v. in the midst of the chaos! He didn't leave, didn't complain, even joined in on some of the joking! So, kudos to Rick!

Before the hen party that evening we had a great day out going to estate sales, eating, and bargain shopping, (like TJ Max, etc.) what more could a girl ask for? Please allow me to encourage you to check out estate sales in your area if you aren't already doing so. It's a great way to find most anything you might be looking for and will save you dollars on buying new and I'm all about that! Be sure to get there when they start because things do go fast! Make plans to go with a friend or friends and make a day of it like we did. It gives you time with your friends away from family obligations, it's a stress reliever and who knows, you might find the bargain of the year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment