Wednesday, May 13, 2009

No Investment, No Return

As I read the above comment in a daily email bulletin that I receive the thought came to my mind of how that covers so many areas of our lives. Granted, for the majority of our society the first thought that comes to mind is financial investing. The longer I thought on it though I found it sad to think that the first thing we think on is a material thing, a thing that will not last, but is only temporary. It is my hearts desire to have a new way of thinking, to have it be a normal thing for me to read something like the title of this post and have my thoughts and reaction to come from the heart and not so much the head. To think of how it can change me in my relationships with the people in my life.

I see this as a valuable lesson, just how much time do I, do you, invest in the people in our lives? Especially our immediate family members. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the daily rut of life. By week's end we have invested the majority of our time in what? Do we miss that precious moment with our kids when they had something really funny happen to them that they want to share but instead we allow the stresses of work, finances, relationship issues with someone else take that from us?

I must be honest and admit that I have invested too much of my time over the years in the wrong "stock"; worry, anger, bitterness, hurt, etc. Of course being an imperfect person I know that I will still allow that to happen in my life on occasion. I am glad to be able to say that even though my flesh, my emotions will win out at times, through God's help I am wiser and invest a lot less in the wrong stock.

We know that if we do not give serious time and attention to finding good financial stock to invest in we will not reap a good return. We cannot expect to do any less to reap a good return in our relationships with the one's we love. We must invest in quality time, attention, love and kindness if we wish to reap a good return.

Still Learning How To Invest,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment