Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bounce-ability

I am currently reading a book with that word in it and found it intriguing to think on. Do I have bounce-ability? Do you?

When someone offends/hurts you how long does it take you to bounce back and decide to not let the offense take any more of your time? When it's just been a bad day and "everything that could go wrong, did" do you take it to bed with you and get up with it the next morning? Do you decide instead that it's yesterday's news, it's in the past and unchangeable so today is new and so is my attitude?

I am a big Tigger fan from the Winnie The Pooh stories so I guess it makes sense that I would find the word intriguing, and no, the book I am reading is not a Winnie The Pooh book! :6 The word does just sound fun though!

So I have decided to make this a new word to remember when I find myself getting hurt or angry at something someone has said or done (or not done that I thought they should have). Life is too short and precious to "sweat the small stuff" (an awesome book has that as its title, check it out if you haven't) so I have decided to strengthen my bounce-ability! How about you?

Bouncing Back,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment