Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hangin' On

This past Sunday night we had a major storm come through our area and at points throughout the night there were 50 mph winds!:o Sitting at our kitchen table that night listening to the wind made me feel a bit like Dorothy in that tornado! :6 We were without electricity the whole night. We woke Monday morning to find 2 of our neighbors trees no longer standing, one is laying on the ground in the front yard and the other one is on their dog kennel, (they currently have no pet, so all is well:) After seeing this I realized I should maybe take a walk around our home and see if our home suffered any damage. I discovered we had shingles from our house laying in our yard and driveway. So, off to the phone I went to inform our insurance agent, feeling blessed that we had no more damage than that. Here it is Wednesday and there are still homes and businesses in our area without electricity. I am thankful for the quick restoration of our service and I have seen even more throughout the week how blessed we are. I have come to find out that our area was the hardest hit in the county we live in. Currently there is still workers from the neighboring states in helping to restore electrical service.

I sit here thankful for divine protection, insurance, sunshine (it's a beautiful day here today) the roof that is patchy but still over my head and that I am still hangin' on!

After the Storm,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment