Friday, April 24, 2009

Homegoing

I just received an email today from a long-time friend of mine that his mom passed away last night.

As I read his email and he spoke of her and her 93 years of living on this earth I thought how awesome those 93 years were and now in this moment, how quickly they must have passed.

It is a strong reminder of how we must not let the temporary frustrations in life overly consume our thoughts, emotions and time. When you reach that point again sometime in your life that you have lost a loved one will you be saying, "If only I would have, should have, etc." or will you in a bittersweet moment be able to say, "I did, we did, I loved doing this with him/her, etc." Will I when it's my turn again? It is my hearts desire to be able to say "I loved it when..." and my memories are good and that I have not let the world take that which is priceless from me.

Contemplating my priorities (again),
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment